New York Times Bestseller
A whole-foods, plant-based diet that has never been easier or tastier—learn to cook the Forks Over Knives way with more than 300 recipes for every day!Forks Over Knives
—the book, the film, the movement—is back again in a cookbook. The secret is out: If you want to lose weight, lower your cholesterol, avoid cancer, and prevent (or even reverse) type 2 diabetes and heart disease, the right food is your best medicine. Thousands of people have cut out meat, dairy, and oils and seen amazing results. If you’re among them—or you’d like to be—you need this cookbook.
Del Sroufe, the man behind some of the mouthwatering meals in the landmark documentary, proves that the Forks Over Knives philosophy is not about what you can’t
eat, but what you can
. Chef Del and his collaborators Julieanna Hever, Judy Micklewright, Darshana Thacker, and Isa Chandra Moskowitz transform wholesome fruits, vegetables, grains, and legumes into hundreds of recipes—classic and unexpected, globally and seasonally inspired, and for every meal of the day, all through the year:
- Breakfast: Very Berry Smoothie, Breakfast Quinoa with Apple Compote
- Salads, Soups and Stews: Kale Salad with Maple-Mustard Dressing, Lotsa Vegetable Chowder, Lucky Black-Eyed Pea Stew
- Pasta and Noodle Dishes: Mushroom Stroganoff, Stir-Fried Noodles with Spring Vegetables
- Stir-Fried, Grilled and Hashed Vegetables: Grilled Eggplant “Steaks”
- Baked and Stuffed Vegetables: Millet-Stuffed Chard Rolls
- The Amazing Bean: White Beans and Escarole with Parsnips
- Great Grains: Polenta Pizza with Tomatoes and Basil
- Desserts: Apricot Fig Squares, Bursting with Berries Cobbler . . . and much more!
Simple, affordable, and delicious, the recipes in Forks Over Knives—The Cookbook
put the power of real, healthy food in your hands. Start cooking the plant-based way today—it could save your life!
Featuring desserts by the author of Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World, a companion to the documentary by the same name draws on the expertise of a Wellness Forum Foods chef while citing the health benefits of a plant-based diet, sharing a year's worth of vegetarian and vegan recipes prepared without refined oils or processed foods. Original.