NorwayeBook - 2011
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Norway is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Journey down the Geirangerfjord by ferry, breathe in the pure air while cycling between the Lofoten Islands, or experience the northern lights; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Norway and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Norway Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including customs, history, art, literature, music, architecture, politics, landscapes, wildlife, and cuisine
- Over 55 local maps
- Useful features - including Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar),Outdoor Activities, and Travel with Children
- Coverage of Oslo, Nordland, Trondelag, Central Norway, Southern Norway, Bergen, the Southwestern Fjords, the Western Fjords, Svalbard, Troms, Voss, Alesund, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Norway, our most comprehensive guide to Norway, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Scandinaviaguide for a comprehensive look at all the region has to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Anthony Ham, Stuart Butler, and Miles Roddis.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)
Lonely Planet Norway is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Journey down the Geirangerfjord by ferry, breathe in the pure air while cycling between the LofotenIslands, or experience the northern lights.
Baker & Taylor
Provides information on sights, shopping, restaurants, nightlife, accommodations, and the history and culture of Norway.