EnglandeBook - 2013
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet England is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Seek out a guide lead you through the Tower of London, ponder the mysteries of Stonehenge, or sit back in a centuries-old pub with a traditional beer; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of England and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet England Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including history, art, literature, cinema, music, architecture, politics, landscapes, food, drink, and more
- Free, convenient pull-out London map (included in print version), plus over 95 colour local maps
- Useful features - including Walking Tours, Travel with Children, and Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar
- Covers Newcastle, Lake District, Cumbria, Yorkshire, Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham, Midlands, the Marches, Nottingham, Cambridge, East Anglia, Oxford, Costwolds, Wessex, London, Canterbury, Devon, Cornwall, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalize your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet England, our most comprehensive guide to England, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
- Looking for a guide focused on London? Check out Lonely Planet's London guide for a comprehensive look at all the city has to offer, Lonely Planet's Discover London, a photo-rich guide to the city's most popular attractions, orLonely Planet's Pocket London, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Great Britainfor a comprehensive look at all the region has to offer, or Discover Great Britain, a photo-rich guide to the region's most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, David Else, Oliver Berry, Fionn Davenport, Marc Di Duca, Belinda Dixon, Damian Harper, Anna Kaminski, Catherine Le Nevez, and Neil Wilson.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.