Pocket London Travel GuideeBook - 2012
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Pocket London is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Pop into a pub for good cheer and a pint of beer, let a Yeoman Warder regale you with medieval tales at the Tower of London, or soak up Westminster Abbey's sublime stonework; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of the best of London and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Pocket London:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Free, convenient pull-out London map (included in print version), plus over 15 colour neighbourhood maps
- User-friendly layout with helpful icons, and organised by neighbourhoods to help you determine the best spots to spend your time
- Useful features - including Best with Kids, Walking Tours, and Top Sights (quick glance at must-sees)
- Coverage of The City, Kensington, North London, Westminster, South Bank, Greenwich, West End, Bloomsbury, Notting Hill, Hamstead, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Zoom-in maps and images for greater detail
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps let you stay offline to avoid roaming and data charges
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Speedy search capabilities get you to what you need and want to see
- Bookmarks help you shoot back to key pages in a flash
- Touch embedded links to our recommendations' websites
- Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
- Inbuilt dictionary to decode site-specific local terms
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Pocket London is a handy guide that literally fits in your pocket, providing on-the-go assistance to travellers who seek only the can't-miss experiences. Colourful and easy-to-use, this neighbourhood-focused guide includes unique local recommendations to maximise your quick trip experience.
- Looking for a comprehensive guide that recommends a wide range of experiences, both popular and offbeat, and extensively covers all of London's neighbourhoods? Check out Lonely Planet's London guide for a comprehensive look at all the city has to offer, or Lonely Planet's Discover London, a photo-rich guide to all of the city's most popular attractions.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's England guide for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Damian Harper, Emilie Filou, Vesna Maric, and Sally Schafer.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
Baker & Taylor
A pocket-sized guide to London features the top sights and local life of the bustling English city, as well as full-color photos and a pull-out map. Original.