Malware, Rootkits & Botnets
A Beginner's GuideBook - 2013
Provides information on how to identify, defend, and remove malware, rootkits, and botnets from computer networks.
Elisan (malware scientist, RSA NetWitness) offers an expert view of digital threats that have very familiar names for anyone who spends time on a computer: malware, rootkits, botnets. He offers a view of today's threat landscape, national security threats, viruses, evolution and classification of malware and riskware, infection vectors, compromised systems, security and protection, detection, mitigation, and more. The book is very accessible for the non-technical computer user. Annotation ©2013 Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
Security Smarts for the Self-Guided IT Professional
Learn how to improve the security posture of your organization and defend against some of the most pervasive network attacks. Malware, Rootkits & Botnets: A Beginner's Guide explains the nature, sophistication, and danger of these risks and offers best practicesfor thwarting them.
After reviewing the current threat landscape, the book describes the entire threat lifecycle, explaining how cybercriminals create, deploy, and manage the malware, rootkits, and botnets under their control. You'll learn proven techniques for identifying and mitigating these malicious attacks. Templates, checklists, and examples give you the hands-on help you need to get startedprotecting your network right away.
Malware, Rootkits & Botnets: A Beginner's Guidefeatures:
- Lingo--Common security terms defined so that you're in the know on the job
- IMHO--Frank and relevant opinions based on theauthor's years of industry experience
- Budget Note--Tips for getting security technologies and processes into your organization's budget
- In Actual Practice--Exceptions to the rules of security explained in real-world contexts
- Your Plan--Customizable checklists you can use on the job now
- Into Action--Tips on how, why, and when to applynew skills and techniques at work