My MacBookBook - 2012
Step-by-step instructions with callouts to MacBook photos that show you exactly what to do.
Help when you run into MacBook or OS X Lion problems or limitations.
Tips and Notes to help you get the most from your MacBook.
Full-color, step-by-step tasks walk you through getting and keeping your MacBook working just the way you want.
The tasks include:
• Managing and arranging your desktop
• Creating and navigating virtual workspaces in Mission Control
• Opening and organizing applications in Launchpad
• Accessing the Internet through wired, wireless, and cellular networks
• Communicating via email, instant message, audio, and video chat
• Troubleshooting system problems
• Entertaining with music and videos
• Keeping in touch and on-time with Calendars and Contacts
• Downloading and managing software from the App Store and other sources
• Sharing files, printers, and even scanners over your network connection
• Expanding your capabilities with peripheral devices
• Protecting and securing your data
• Recording video and publishing it instantly online
This guide to Mac OS X Lion and Apple laptops provides practical instruction in the basic use of the operating system on the MacBook, MacBook Pro, and MacBook Air models of this popular personal computing platform. Beginning with an overview of desktop functions, the work covers topics such as network connectivity, managing personal information, sharing devices and files on a network, remote multimedia, installing and managing software, performance tuning, peripherals, security, and troubleshooting common problems. Chapters include full-color annotated screenshots and sidebars detailing advanced concepts, and access to additional online resources is provided. Ray is a Mac enthusiast and a software development manager for Ohio State University. Annotation ©2012 Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)