The Tween Book
A Growing-up Guide for the Changing YouBook - 2016
The tween years are a time of change and possibility. They are also a time when kids may begin to feel confused, unsure, and even different.
The Tween Book is chock full of tips, advice, research, and reflection questions to help them navigate the tween experience, including:
- Finding the right pace for growing up
- Adjusting to the changing roles in your family
- Gaining independence and responsibilities
- Making decisions and setting goals for the future
- Understanding their changing looks and their body image
- Getting crushes on other kids and dating (or not!)
- Making friends and hanging out in groups
- Dealing with rumors, teasing, and even bullying
- Completing schoolwork and getting organized
The Tween Book will help kids deal with the issues that come with transitioning to teenagers. Chock full of tips, advice, research, and reflection questions to help navigate the tween adventure. Includes a “Note to Readers.”
Intended for tweens (children roughly from 10-12 years of age), this book discusses life changes and challenges that imperil the tween years. Some chapter titles are Tween Time in the Family; Goal Setting, Tween-Style; Tween Looks and Body Image; and Major Conflicts and Problems in Your Social Life. Written in a positive, conversational style, the book offers dilemma examples from real life tweenhood such as not fitting in with the cool crowd and juggling a homework schedule. Annotation ©2015 Ringgold, Inc., Portland, OR (protoview.com)
Addresses issues of concern to preteens, such as physical and emotional changes, connecting with friends and family, setting goals, handling peer pressure, dealing with social conflicts and bullying, and managing schoolwork.